Treacle is a 25 year old knickers junkie who started writing because her friends threatened to tape her mouth shut if she didn’t stop talking about her underwear. She welcomes lingerie lovers of every nation and persuasion to her blog, The Lingerie Addict.
No matter your age, bras are a necessary part of every woman’s wardrobe. Simply put, your clothes won’t look their best without the right undergarments. But there’s not really enough space in a dorm room for a designer lingerie wardrobe, and I probably don’t have to tell you that the life of a busy undergrad is a bit different from everyone else’s. So, with that in mind, what are the 5 essential bras that every fashionable college girl must have? Here’s exactly you need, direct from The Lingerie Addict!
1) Sports Bra—Why start off with the sports bra? Because staying fit and healthy is one of the most important things you do while in college. Exercising does more than help you avoid the dreaded “Freshman 15,” it sets good lifelong habits Just make sure to buy the right size and the right level of support. Few things are more uncomfortable than working out in an ill-fitting sports bra.
2) T-shirt Bra—Also known as a contour bra, this is the definitive all-purpose undergarment. It goes with most everything, and the molded cups give you a smooth, seamless silhouette without adding bulk. I also recommend a t-shirt bra if one of your breasts is slightly larger than the other; because the cups keep their shape (even when empty), they’re perfect for equalizing any disparities.
3) Convertible Bra — Backless, strapless, one-shouldered, halterneck, or racerback…a convertible bra can handle it all. This is the bra for your hottest, sexiest, and most daring clothing…especially if you’re not the kind of girl who can’t go braless on a whim. To maximize your options, look for a combo t-shirt bra and convertible bra while shopping.
4) Push-up or Minimizer Bra—It goes without saying that the one you purchase will depend on your bust size, but every woman needs the option to have a little more (or a little less) when she so chooses. A push-up bra will give you that extra va-va-voom for special occasions, while the minimizer bra will “tone things down”…sometimes by as much as 2 inches!
5) Soft Bra—Also known as a “sleep bra,” soft bras should be an option no matter the time of day. A soft bra gives you the support you need, but gently, without a lot of wires or hooks or padding. They’re ideal for casual days, when you want to lounge around and read a book, but still feel “appropriate.”
Thanks soooo much, Treacle! xoxo!
Ah, I wondered why this post didn't show up under the turquoise icon. It's because the post is tagged LGI, instead of TGI. Great post, though! I'm an immigrant and found some of the myriad bra options a little confusing until I read your post. Thanks!
Oh, just kidding - this post is labeled correctly, but the first introductory post and the link-to for the turquoise icon, isn't. Admin, feel free to delete these comments once you fix everything up just right. Great blog, though!
A t-shirt bra is one of the basic, go-to, everyday bras among women, including college girls.
That's a cute color combination! I like the shade of blue.
I love this!!! I can wear it under tank tops and sleeveless shirts and be very comfortable. And it pulls you in a bit and reduces you a cup to 1/2 cup size. I really like wonderbra bras I have a big chest. It stays in place!!!! Believe me, it does. I now have 3 to get me through the summer months.
love it looks pretty comfortable undergarments
Very Nice post, Bare Necessities stocks a wide variety of Bras, Swimwear, Panties, Sleepwear, Lingerie Online, and much more! with Fast + FREE Shipping! I would like to suggest this online Bare Necessities store for you to get their exclusive offers. You should visit this online store and take advantage of the affordable rates of its products.
Post a Comment