Products from Claire's space:
ABOUT ME/MY BLOG:
I used to classify myself as decorating-challenged. But when I finally got my own place after college, I decided it was the right time to start caring about how I designed it. Stumbling upon young, stylish blogs such as the Lovely Undergrad changed my outlook on how to find new creative inspiration. I began The Funky Bear to share my home decorating finds, ideas, and do-it-yourself projects with my own friends and anyone else who happened to read. I hope you come visit the blog and enjoy!
ABOUT MY ROOM/STYLE:
Everybody’s personal style continually evolves and mine is no different. Currently I would describe my design tendencies as traditional yet eclectic. I am young so I have a lot of hand-me-down furniture from my parents that I love to mix with unique pieces to spice things up. Thrift stores and Craigslist have become my best friends to find the newer items in my life – it is surprisingly easy to re-furbish old pieces into something great. This is something I have become extremely passionate about and am thinking about turning into a business venture. I’m not a designer and I won’t pretend to be, but I truly believe you do not have to be a professional to create a stunning home.
I live on a budget every day so I thought it would be fun to decorate my favorite room in the house - the living room - with no budget in mind :) I've always been drawn to bright colors like the Suzani fabric and Moroccan-inspired patterns. Colors bring joy to a room but I always buy my larger furniture in neutrals so that they can pair with any look I choose in the future. Unfinished and reclaimed wood is gorgeous and so hot right now. The apothecary multiple drawer look and wood paired with industrial metal is super trendy. I would die for a huge apothecary console like the one from Terrain. To me, that is a forever piece – a “modern antique.” Gray is another obsession of mine and can act as a fabulous neutral, especially the pale dove gray seen on this cabinet. I swear it magically goes with everything. But my most beloved decor right now is a recent personal creation: the nude silhouette line art. The simple white lines on flax linen are mature and feminine – the words I hope will describe the next steps in my evolution of personal style.
1. Nine Drawer Console, Terrain, $2,800
2. Plain Tin Ivory Wool Hooked Rug, Dash & Albert, Starts at $60
3. Inner Light Lamp, High Fashion Home, $619
4. Bohemian Chic Balance Pink with Orange Pillow, High Fashion Home, $69
5. Metallic Masala Bronze Long Pillow, DwellStudio, $62
6. Lazo Throw in Charcoal, Z Gallerie, $60
7. Suzani Print Button Back Arm Chair and Ottoman, Graham & Green, $895
8. Lavandrie Cart, Aidan Gray
9. Zinc Letters, Anthropologie, $18 each
10. Dovecot 3 Drawer Dresser, Lucy Willow, $815
11. Venetian Beaded Mirror, Restoration Hardware, $340
12. Nude Silhouette Line Art, Funky Bear DIY
Thank you, Claire!