It's that time again... to round up my favorite must-haves for the month. In the bitter cold of January, these are the five favorites that are keeping me cozy, soft, and stylish.
1. From early fall to late spring, I live in cardigans. And in midst of an Iowa winter, you can bet that right now my cardigans are heavy, knit, and super cozy. My favorite one right now is a knit cardigan similar to the one pictured. (I couldn't find a pic of the one I have.)
2. Red lips have become a beauty staple for me. I don't feel alive and well if I look in the mirror and see colorless lips. I've always gone for reds with slight orange tinge, but I decided to shake things up a little with a deeper red. I splurged on this Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunkiest Chili and I'm obsessed. It's become my go-to color for daily wear as well as nights out on the town.
3. Just as I've deepened the red on my lips, I've gone darker on my fingernails with a nice shade of wine red. I like the Insta-dry line from Sally Hansen since it dries so quickly!
4. I love my coffee, you know I do. But every once in a while I get one of my rare chocolate cravings. And Starbucks Hot Cocoa is at the top of my list. Mmm mmmm, good.
5. This will soon be a post all its own, but I have to start by professing my newly discovered love for coconut oil. So far I've only used it as moisturizer on my skin, but I'm hooked. Hooked, I tell ya. I can't wait to use this in my hair and in cooking!
6. Hand-tooled leather is making me swoon right now. All I really wanted for Christmas was a vintage, hand-tooled leather purse and my mom found one! (Mine is very, very similar to this one but with more floral detailing and a rounded bottom.)
What are your January recommendations?