* * * This giveaway has closed. Please stay tuned for more contests! * * *
Thanks to the good folks over at Universal Pictures, two lucky readers on The Lovely Side will get to experience About Time with someone special. I'm just dying to see this movie. It looks like the perfect flick for a date night with the boy... or an evening out with the girls.
Two winners will each receive:
- Love Actually 10th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray Combo Pack available 10/15)
- About Time Soundtrack featuring music from Ellie Goulding, Ben Folds & more (Available 10/29)
About the Film
At the age of 21, Tim Lake (Domhnall Gleeson) discovers he can travel in time…
The night after another unsatisfactory New Year party, Tim’s father (Bill Nighy) tells his son that the men in his family have always had the ability to travel through time. Tim can’t change history, but he can change what happens and has happened in his own life—so he decides to make his world a better place...by getting a girlfriend. Sadly, that turns out not to be as easy as you might think.
Moving from the Cornwall coast to London to train as a lawyer, Tim finally meets the beautiful but insecure Mary (Rachel McAdams). They fall in love, then an unfortunate time-travel incident means he’s never met her at all. So they meet for the first time again—and again—but finally, after a lot of cunning time traveling, he wins her heart.
Tim then uses his power to create the perfect romantic proposal, to save his wedding from the worst best-man speeches and to save his best friend from professional disaster. But as his unusual life progresses, Tim finds out that his unique gift can’t save him from the sorrows and ups and downs that affect all families, everywhere. There are great limits to what time travel can achieve, and it can be dangerous, too.
About Time is a comedy about love and time travel, which discovers that, in the end, making the most of life may not need time travel at all.
Written and Directed by: Richard Curtis (Love Actually, Notting Hill, Four Weddings and a Funeral); Produced by: Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Nicky Kentish Barnes; Executive Producers: Richard Curtis, Liza Chasin, Amelia Granger
Available for purchase on October 29 | Tracklisting:
1. The Luckiest (Ben Folds); 2. How Long Will I Love You (Jon Boden, Sam Sweeney, Ben Coleman); 3. Mid Air (Paul Bucchanan); 4. At The River (Groove Armada); 5. Friday I'm In Love (The Cure); 6. Back To Black (Amy Winehouse); 7. Gold In Them Hills (Ron Sexsmith); 8. The About Time Theme (Nick Laird-Clowes); 9. Into My Arms (Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds); 10. Il Mondo (Jimmy Fontana)
11. Golborne Road (Nick Laird-Clowes); 12. Push The Button (Sugababes); 13. All The Things She Said (t.A.T.u); 14. When I Fall In Love (Barbar Gough, Sagat Guirey, Andy Hamill, Tim Herniman); 15. Spiegel im Spiegel (Arvo Part, Sebastien Klinger, Jurgen Kruse); 16. How Long Will I Love You (Ellie Goulding)
How to Enter:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me who you'd like to go see this movie with. Your boyfriend? Your best friend? Your mom? Entry must include an email address to be considered valid. If you're worried about spam, use methods like jessica[at]thelovelyside(dot)com, etc.|
- Tweet about this giveaway, including @TheLovelySide and #AboutTime in your tweet.
- Giveaway open to US addresses only.
- Comments and tweets must be posted by noon Central on Wednesday, October 30.
- Winners will be contacted shortly after.