With spring just around the corner (we can hope!), it's the perfect time to spruce up your kitchen and bar for the upcoming months of entertaining. Whether you need to stock up on new dinnerware, decorate your dining area, or amp up your bar – Uncommon Goods is your one-stop shop for unique, conversation-sparking items. Plus, half of what they sell is handmade, most products are made right here in the U.S., and one-third of the collection incorporate recycled or upcycled materials.
Uncommon Goods generously gave me the opportunity to review some products for my own kitchen – items #3 and #6 shown above. The opinions and picks in this post are entirely my own.
Now let's get to sprucing up your kitchen and bar, shall we?
1. Bird Bottle Opener $25 – I'm a sucker for different and adorable bottle openers. (I have a little glass of them on my own bar cart.) I'm also a sucker for cute little birds. So this darling little opener would feel right at home in my place... or yours.
2. Novel Teas $13 – For the literary-chic tea-drinker, these English Breakfast teabags are individually tagged with beloved quotes from favorite authors.
3. Hidden Animal Mug $25 – Of course, you can't have tea-time without a lovely cup. I chose the fox mug from this collection and use it on a near-daily basis. First of all, the cup is generous in size. (Perfect for my huge hankerings for coffee, tea, and warmed soy milk.) Secondly, seeing the adorable little fox appear at the bottom of my cup never ceases to delight me. Simple pleasures. And this would make such a nice gift, too!
4. Yours, Mine, and Ours Decanter Set $65 – Since my boyfriend is slowly turning me into a whiskey drinker, I love the idea of this decanter set occupying my bar cart. The set is simple, elegant, and trimmed with metallic gold. So pretty and classy.
5. Wooden Beer Tote with Bottle Opener $40 – It may not be porch drinking weather just yet, but that doesn't stop me from wanting this wooden beer tote. I can already imagine the first warm night. Lawn chairs in the yard. Beer tote filled up with craft brews. Bottle opener handy. Sounds like a wonderful evening.
6. Stoneware TV Dinner Tray (Pair) $24 – I LOVE these stoneware tv dinner trays. They're hefty, perfectly portioned, and great for times when the boyfriend and I cook a meal with several different sides. Sometimes it's nice to skip the dining table and plop down in front of the couch with our home-cooked tv dinners and some Netflix binge watching.
7. Soup and Sandwich Ceramic Tray Duo $30 – This is next on my list of things to buy from Uncommon Goods. A good grilled cheese sandwich (or reuben) and tomato soup (or cheesy soup) are two of my favorite go-to pairings.
8. Whiskey Stones and Glasses Set $20 - $58 – Keep your whiskey nice and cold without letting it get watered down. These whiskey stones can be purchased with or without the glasses set, but the glasses are pretty darn classy if you ask me.
9. Stoneware Growler $65 – Impress your friends when you hit the local brewpub by bringing along this unique stoneware growler. I love its timeless, vintage feel.
10. Drink Some More Sign $30 – Last but certainly not least, encourage your friends to eat more and drink more when you're entertaining. This vintagey decorative sign would look right at home over the stove, dining table, or bar cart.
Which of these items is at the top of your wish list?