Have you put Valentine's gifts off to the last minute? Whether you're buying for a sweetheart, best friend, or family – from the obvious cards and candy to less traditional, spunky ideas that you know your recipient will love, here's a roundup of 14 items to get your ideas flowing. (And all color-coordinated, of course!)
1. For the writer, poet, or list-maker in your life, opt for a beautiful leather journal. Writing by hand feels so much more luxurious and nostalgic in a handsome journal as opposed to a spiral notebook.
2. Perfect for your retro-loving fashionista sister, roomie, or best friend, brighten up her dreary winter with sassy vintage-inspired shades. Spring's just around the corner, right? (Or so we keep telling ourselves...)
3. I picked up some Warming Crimson Berry Herbal Tea from the Frontier Natural Products Co-op booth at the market. It's fruity, flowery, AND spicy – definitely warms you up on these chilly winter days and nights. Imagine mulled cider or wine. And then re-imagine it as tea. Plus, it brews a really pretty purple hue.
4 & 5. For the beauty lover on your list, put together a cute little gift bag. I'm on a big berry-hued kick, so I suggest Revlon's Just Bitten stain balm in Adore. Bonus points if you throw in an oxblood nail polish. Oooh la la.
6. Just because it's obvious, don't overlook jewelry as a Valentine's gift for your sister, mom, or best friend. Skip the hearts and opt for a pretty bracelet that will last through any season.
7. Wine. Perfect Valentine's gift. Need I say more? (Pass me the Shiraz!)
8. A candle is an easy, relatively inexpensive gift that your recipient is sure to enjoy over and over again. Great for Mom – or your sister or friend who has just moved into her own place. (Even your guy could benefit from a nice smelling candle in his bachelor pad.)
9. Say it with a pillow. I love this smoochy red pillow – this one probably best suits your sweetheart.
10. For the magazine-hoarder and organization-lover, make their storage lovelier with this anything-but-basic magazine file. (Fill with candy and a couple of their favorite magazines to make it even better.)
11. Guys can be tricky Valentine's. Give him a cool print with a catchy inspirational quote on it to deck the halls of his man cave. Throw in a 6-pack of his favorite beer and you're good to go.
12. When in doubt, reach for the candy – like these beautiful chocolate covered cherries. Cherries, get in my belly.
13. Never underestimate the sentiment of a handwritten Valentine. Jot a heartfelt little note complete with a few reasons why you adore your Valentine or Galentine.
14. Go off the beaten path by snagging your guy some new kicks. These oxblood sneakers are such a fabulous Valentine's Day color that I couldn't not include them in the roundup. ;)
(Want something specific from the image above? Check out the original set on Polyvore for shopping sources and links.)
Happy Valentine's Day, lovelies!