When I was a little girl, I went through a stage where I carried around a graph paper notebook and doodled floor plans of fantasy loft apartments and mansions all day. These days, I'm sketching up floor plans of my real life living space in order to plan my furniture arrangement, decorating, and now painting.
Usually when I'm measuring my apartment to create a floor plan, it's just me by my lonesome because I can't hold off until my bf's weekend visit. Now, measuring furniture or small things with a tape measure is fine. But measuring an entire room or apartment is quite the challenge. So you'll catch me clumsily struggling with a tape measure. And I've ended up with battle scars and band-aids from accidentally hitting the release button and not letting go in time as the metal tape comes whizzing back toward me. Ouch.
When the good folks over at Bosch asked if I'd like to try out their new Bosch GLM 15, I of course said "Yes, yes, yes!"
You know those cool laser measurement tools that the remodeling and contractor guys use on HGTV? They're nifty with their laser accuracy, speed-of-light quickness, and $100+ price tag, right? Okay, so I love everything about them except for that price tag.The pocket-sized Bosch GLM 15 laser measurement tool boasts the same accuracy and speed for only $49. The coolness isn't just for contractors and professional remodelers anymore. It's an affordable addition to any homeowner's, interior designer's, painter's, real estate agent's, or (in my case) crafty DIY decorating blogger's tool box.
The Product Perks
- It's small. The pocket-sized tool is easy to hold, and easy to slip into my pocket when not in use. Plus, it's grippy on the sides so you won't drop it.
- It's quick. In the blink of an eye (literally) and push of a button, you have your measurement.
- It's accurate. You simply rest it on a flat surface to keep it steady, then measure in any direction. The measurement starts at the back of the tool, so you don't have to worry about factoring that in for distance marking. Plus, you can choose between using meters or feet.
- It's easy. You really can't mess this up. Hold down on the button to turn it on. Put the base of the tool on one end, point the laser at the other end, and push the button again. It locks in your measurement on the screen so you can jot it down real quick. Hit the button again to reset and take another measurement. When you're done, hold down the button to turn it off.
To purchase your own Bosch GLM 15 Laser Measure, just click the "Buy Now" button on the Bosch website to find a store near you.
I was eager to put this laser tool to the test in my new apartment. I decided to use it to measure my bedroom, which is the first room I plan to paint and decorate. Here's what I did:
- Measure Walls: My bedroom is rectangular. So first, I measured the short wall, which came out to be 9' 4''. Then I measured the long wall, which came out to 11' 6". I didn't measure the other two walls since they're the same size.
- Measure Openings: The double pocket door opening is 5' wide, while both closet doors are 2' 6" wide. The doors were all 7' 5" tall. The window is 3' wide and 7' tall.
- Calculate Total Sq.Ft. I created a quick sketch of the floor plan as well as diagrams of each wall. Then I used a paint calculator specifically for the paint I'm using. It calculated that I'd have 374.4 sq.ft. of surface to cover and would need 1.07 gallon(s). However, that's without subtracting the openings.
- Subtract Opening Sq.Ft. So then, I totaled up the surface square footage of the window and doors. It came out to 96 sq.ft. So 374.4 total sq.ft. minus 96 sq.ft. is 278.4. With paint that covers 350 sq.ft. per gallon, my gallon paint of paint should be plenty!
The Perfect Present
With the holidays right around the corner, this laser measuring tool is a great gift for several types of people in your life. Obviously, it's a great stocking stuffer for the handyman in your life. (I'd love to give one of these to my dad or boyfriend – or both!) But I think my favorite way to gift the Bosch GLM 15 would be in a paint-themed Christmas gift basket for a new homeowner or as a housewarming present for a friend who has moved into a new place she's allowed to paint. I'd fill an industrial-chic wire basket with the Bosch GLM 15, a couple paint brushes, some painters tape, a gift card to a local paint shop, and some wine and chocolate for good measure. (Ha! Measure! That pun was a happy accident.)
I know that many of you would love to find this handy little laser measure tool in your stocking this Christmas. But besides yourself, who would you gift a Bosch GLM 15 to? What would you include in the stocking or gift basket with it?
That's a good review still yet! As a reader I like to read this post and get some good information from here. You know I was seeking forward to know about this entry. Thanks!
I love BOSCH, they make some nice quality pieces !
Amazing review so far! Can’t wait to try it for working better. I have one but that was not good for good work now I want to try this one. Thanks for this post!
Hey! This is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing! ARHTRD also offers completely secured features to shop online and get the best deal delivered to your doorstep.You can do research on your part, Find the best Testing & measuring instruments abu dhabi. Keep posting!
Great review! I like the Bosch products. Thanks for sharing the detailed information. I really like this type of Measuring Instruments. I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. it's beneficial for me...Keep sharing more.🙂
Post a Comment