Winners were randomly selected. (Drum roll, please.) And here they are!
Ashley, who commented "I'll be enjoying some great literature on my lunch break during my internship this summer. Hopefully I'll get a crack at this one!"
Katie, who tweeted "@TheLovelySide is having an awesome book giveaway! #TheProgram sounds like it is just up my alley. :)"
*** This giveaway is now closed. Please check back for future giveaways! :)***
Happy Tuesday, lovelies! I'm pleased to announce that The Lovely Side has teamed up with Simon Teen for another book giveaway... and just in time for summer! Whether you're looking for a beach read or something to devour while jet-setting, The Program by Suzanne Young should shoot right to the top of your list. We're giving away two copies!
About The Program
Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.
Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.
About the Author
Suzanne Young currently lives in Tempe, Arizona, where she teaches high school English. When not writing obsessively, Suzanne can be found searching her own tragic memories for inspiration. She is the author of several books for teens, including The Program, A Need So Beautiful, and A Want So Wicked.
Read a teaser excerpt from The Program below!
Simon Teen is generously giving 2 lucky readers of The Lovely Side a copy of The Program by Suzanne Young!
How to Enter:
1. Leave a comment on this blog post with your name and a valid email address. Plus, tell me where you'll be doing most of your reading this summer. Pool side? On a plane on your way to Paris? In the backyard? Between summer classes? (Email address is required. Without an email address, I won't be able to reach you. If you're worried about spam, please use (at) or [dotcom] tactics instead of @ and .com. Entries without an email address will not be entered.) Enter via the Facebook comment form and I'll double your comment entry so that you're twice as likely to win! ;)
2. You can also enter by tweeting about this giveaway. Be sure to mention @TheLovelySide and tag #TheProgram so that I see your tweet. (Be sure that private messages are allowed on your Twitter privacy settings so that I can reach you if you're selected as a winner.)
3. Two winners will be chosen: one comment and one tweet. Feel free to both comment and tweet. (But you can only comment once and tweet once.)
4. All comments and tweets must be posted by NOON on Friday, May 31st. The 2 winners will be notified that afternoon. Check your private messages on Twitter and your email inbox as I'll be getting in touch that afternoon. :)
5. Giveaway limited to residents of the United States.
6. This isn't required, but if you win... I'd love to hear what you think of the book after you read it!
Good luck, bookworms! While you anxiously await the winner announcement,