May is a month of transition for me. This is my last week at my current full-time job and I'll be starting at a new company next week. Here are five favorites that are part of my fresh start this spring:
1. Whilst shopping for a fresh workplace wardrobe, I hit up Old Navy. I've been disappointed there in the past, but I gave it a try. And I fell in love with their 'Pixie Skinny Ankle Pants' – especially the light pink ones with the white polka dots. The trousers are the perfect skinny cut, ideal ankle length, and are so comfy. At around $30, I bought several pairs to get me through the work week.
2. I'm on a coral kick lately and Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Sonic Boom is the most fabulous, fresh shade of hot-pink-meets-coral that I've ever laid eyes on. It's a pretty pop of color for summer and I can't wait to flash around my fingernails wearing this happy hue.
3. The day I turned down Target's office aisle and spotted Threshold's new collection, I downright swooned. I've been eyeing the desk accessories in all their burnished, coppery glory for a while now. Since I refreshed my closet/office nook with a new desk, I thought it only fitting to pick up the rustic wire magazine holder to keep files organized on my desk top.
4. For the last year or so, I've been making my way through the A Song of Ice and Fire series. But George R.R. Martin's tomes are time-consuming and intense, so I usually read another book on the side. With a fresh new job starting next week, I deemed it a valid reason to stick my nose into some fresh career inspiration in the form of Sophia Amoruso's #GirlBoss.
5. You can't beat $3 lipstick – especially if it's great quality, long lasting, and the perfect shade of red. This week, I plunked down the three bucks for E.L.F.'s matte lipstick in red. I'm smitten. First, I trace and fill in my lips with lip liner and then swipe on this stick of crimson red. I wore the color around all day while running errands. Its gorgeous matte finish and color lasted and stayed lovely. I'll definitely be freshening up with this stick of matte all summer long.
Clockwise from top left: Polka dotted pants, a chambray dress, and pointy flats – oh my! Old Navy has won me over. / I turned the Threshold rustic wire magazine holder on its side for easy, elegant file storage. / #GirlBoss is most appropriately devoured at the same time as pink strawberry macaroons. Yum. / Love love love E.L.F.'s matte red lipstick.
Post a Comment